Graham Hill's Venice Beach Group
To support Graham's efforts to get your neighborhood more resilient and self-reliant in the case of a major earthquake or other unexpected event, here are some things you might want to stock up on.
Not only do we have best in class emergency kits for you, but we also offer bespoke Emergency/Safety Plans customized to your individual needs to help your family communicate and get back together during a disaster.
Since Graham is such a great supporter of us, please use promo code GRAHAM20 to get 20% off of your order today.
Our premiere Advanced Go Bag will support you if you need to leave your home for up to 3 days. Not only is there the standard food and water, but we also include modern tools such as burner cell phones, walkie talkies, battery banks, but also the top brands for water filters, tools, flashlights, headlamps, and first aid kits.
Our Shelter at Home kit is designed to keep your family safe, warm and comfortable in your home for a week, even if the grid is down and there is no electricity. It features innovative solutions to storing large amounts of water, as well as dealing with the bathroom when the toilets don't flush. It also includes freeze dried food to supplement what you have in your pantry, a stove to heat water, a heavy duty hiking filter, advanced first aid kit, several lights and other necessary items.
Emergency Safety Plans:
Our E/SP is at the core of what we offer at Black Umbrella. It will tell each of your family members whom to contact, in what order, in case communications are failing, and where to go if you can't get home, all captured on a laser etched metal Go Card for each person. We work with your family to create these bespoke plans based on your specific situation, critical phone numbers and safe locations.
Here are some additional resources and information to get your family ready for the big one:
The innovative, new Shake Alert LA app can give you a bit of advanced warning before an earthquake actually hits.
From FEMA, here are a few things to do to prepare your home in advance to minimize damage.
And lastly, our list of some earthquake hacks and other items that will really come in handy if the big one does hit:
- Don't have framed art or anything heavy over your bed
- Keep a pair of shoes, work gloves and a crow bar under your bed (in case it occurs at night and the windows shatter and the door racks)
- Put a flashlight on each night table and emergency backup lights in the hallways so you can see during a power outage
- Make sure your emergency kits are reachable if your house experience major damage (ie not in the basement)
- Tie a wrench next to the natural gas cut-off valve to make it easier to shut off if you have to (and make sure everyone knows where it is located, along with the master circuit breaker).
- You can turn your car into a generator if you get a 1,500 watt inverter and plug it into your car battery. This can power things like your fridge or freezer or other major appliances and will run as long as you have gas in your car.
Please call us at 646-470-4770 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or want more information. Be safe and take care!